Cooking Mistakes Most of Us Make
Well I guess I won’t put olive oil in my pasta water anymore. Rinse your rice? Um okay. I’m guilty of a lot of these. Here are some off Buzzfeed’s list of 23 basic cooking mistakes everybody makes:
- Cooking bacon in a skillet instead of in the oven. (Some say it tastes better and you don’t have to “babysit” the skillet)
- Neglecting to rinse your rice before you cook it.
- Dumping salt and pepper into a dish at the end instead of using them to season the dish throughout the cooking process.
- Using a recipe you found online before checking the comments to make sure it actually works. (I usually do this because people comment on what works and what doesn’t and how to improve the recipe)
- Stuffing too much food into the pan when trying to brown ingredients.
- Overcooking vegetables like green beans and broccoli instead of just blanching them.
- Putting oil in your pasta water.
- Frosting a cake before it has completely cooled
Anything you would like to add?? (click here for the full list)