Who’s the Best TV Dad of All Time?
With Father’s Day fast approaching, GQ is asking its readers to cast their online votes in a bracket-style tournament to anoint the best TV dad of all time. According to the editors, the main criteria for the 16 fictional fathers included in the contest was that they had to appear on shows they still actually like. Here are the first-round, head-to-head matchups:
- Family Matters‘ Carl Winslow vs. Full House‘s Danny Tanner
- Married With Children‘s Al Bundy vs. Modern Family‘s Jay Pritchett
- Home Improvement‘s Tim “The Toolman” Taylor vs. Friday Night Lights‘ Eric “Coach” Taylor
- Breaking Bad’s Walter White vs. Malcolm in the Middle‘s Hal
- Seinfeld‘s Frank Costanza vs. The Simpsons‘ Homer Simpson
- The Sopranos‘ Tony Soprano vs. Arrested Development‘s George Bluth
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air‘s Uncle Phil vs. Modern Family‘s Phil Dunphy
- Frasier’s Marty Crane vs. The OC‘s Sandy Cohen
Is there any TV dads that they missed? Let us know and vote here!