23 Strange Movie Facts You Probably Didn’t Know Until Now
has compiled a list of super bizarre movie facts that you probably aren’t aware of. Here are 10 (for the full list, check out the link):
- O.J. Simpson almost starred in The Terminator, but James Cameron thought his persona was “too pleasant” to portray such a dark character.
- The sound of the Velociraptors communicating with each other in Jurassic Park is actually the sound of tortoises mating.
- ET and Poltergeist were originally supposed to be the same movie, called Night Skies.
- The big scene in Pulp Fiction where Vincent stabs Mia in the heart with a needle was actually shot in reverse. So really, John Travolta was pulling the needle out of her.
- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon put a gay sex scene in the original Good Will Hunting script, just to see who’d actually read it. Harvey Weinstein noticed the out-of-place scene, and was thus hired.
- Silent Hill’s locale is based on a real place: Centralia, Pennsylvania. It’s mostly abandoned, but anyone who’s ever visited confirms it’s really unsettling.
- In The Hangover, Ed Helms really IS missing a tooth. He got a permanent implant when he was a teenager, so his dentist removed his implant for filming.
- Scream was somewhat based on a real ’90s Florida murder spree.
- Jack Nicholson pulled a real gun on Leo DiCaprio in The Departed, even though it wasn’t in the script. He thought the scene wasn’t intense enough initially.
- Psycho was released in black and white because Hitchcock kept receiving backlash about the shower scene being too gory.
Check out the full list here!