Thanks to the selfie epidemic, picture day can be a daily occurrence in all of our lives. But school picture day used to be a huge deal. Here are 12 things that everyone has experienced on the most stressful day of the school year, courtesy of Buzzfeed:
1. Carefully picking out your outfit the night before.
2. Not being able to sleep due to anxiety, and then waking up exhausted.
3. Realizing that by some cruel fate you were having a bad hair day.
4. And the more you messed with your hair, the worse it got.
5. Making a last-minute, morning-of call to wear something different than you’d planned.
6. The anxiety you felt when you just had to pick one background. Something neutral? Or something flashy with a laser background?
7. The internal struggle about whether or not to do a close-lipped smile due to the inhibitions of your pre-braces teeth.
8. Being über-aware that your crush was watching you pose.
9. Holding your expression forever and ever.
10. Asking everyone what background they got.
11. Keeping the cheap plastic comb that they gave out and playing with it in class for the rest of the day.
12. Being thankful there was picture retake day.