Stan Musial is the undisputed greatest player in Cardinals team history.
He was also one of the most beloved, respected athletes this, or any other city has ever produced.
His autographs aren’t hard to find these days because he signed for everyone…anytime.
That’s one of the many reasons why he was “The Man.”
Maybe that’s why it’s odd for some of us to see his wallet, along with all of its contents, up for bid on EBAY!
I’m not sure how his auto and health insurance cards could be considered “collectors items”.
Do you really need to own the ID card for his pacemaker to round out your collection?
There’s no question, we are talking about Mr. Musial’s wallet. There’s even a “Letter of Provenance” to prove it.
The tattered brown leather wallet is now available to the highest bidder on EBAY with the following description:
“CONDITION: Stan’s Wallet Shows Wear And Several Of The Card/Photos Included Show Lots Of Wear!Auction Also Includes Copy Of Letter Of Provenance!”
- A photo of the Musial family
- A photo of Lillian, Stan’s wife of 72 years
- A photo of Pope John Paul II
- Two health care cards
- A temporary ID card for Musial’s pacemaker
- An auto insurance card
- A hospital ID card
- An honorary membership card from the Missouri Sheriffs’ Association
- A membership card from a homeowners’ association
- A $100 bill that Musial always carried “for emergencies.”
Apparently his credit cards, driver’s license, and social security cards weren’t included in this auction.
Well, at least some things are sacred!
The current bid? $2199.99!