This year try to make your holidays a little less stressful and enjoyable! Follow some of these tips, and you might just have yourself a Merry Little Christmas this year.
Thanks to Yahoo! for some of these great ideas. Check them out:
1. Make a budget and stick with it. Make it work or you will have extra debt that will only stress you out even more. REMEMBER: Contrary to popular belief-Christmas isn’t about the presents. Make sure your children know that, too.
2. Don’t go to every holiday activity. Pick and choose the most important. If you overdo it, then you won’t enjoy it anyways. If you simply must see everyone–try to combine the activities. Have ONE open house and invite everyone! They will trickle in all day, it won’t seem overwhelming and you only have to plan one event.
3. Don’t show your kids the advertisements for toys. It really doesn’t help. They will just point at something they barely care about. Then, you will buy it and they will only play with it for about 5 minutes. If they don’t know what they want…then they probably don’t really want anything. That gives you the opportunity to be creative and surprise them.
4. Don’t bake for everyone! It will only drive you crazy. The time crunch is just too close-which leads to more stress. If you feel compelled to be creative, then make something else that isn’t perishable (make candles or jewelry, crochet or knit a scarf, make a scrapbook)
5. Shop early and try to shop online as much as possible. Ebay and Amazon are great for shopping online. Always buy ½ of your gifts on Ebay, and only if you can find them cheaper than in the stores. Include shipping and tax into that equation. You’ll still save money…especially on video games.