You can find more information on this year’s Light the Town Pink beneficiary, the Young Women’s Breast Cancer Research Program at the Siteman Cancer Center, as well educational materials and additional resources at the links below.
Breast cancer survivors wave as they march into the main stage area during the Susan G., Koman Race for the Cure in St. Louis on June 12, 2010. The race has raised more than $3.3 million for breast cancer research and charities. At least 25 percent of all funds raised by the Susan G. Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure goes to national breast cancer research. The remaining amount, up to 75 percent, stays in St. Louis to provide for breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. St. Louis hosts the largest Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in the United States with over 71 thousand walking and running today. UPI/BIll Greenblatt