Paul McCartney had the great idea to use sign language in his most recent music video. Unfortunately, some things might have gotten lost in translation.
According to Spinner, the black-and-white clip for “My Valentine” featuring Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp translating the song’s lyrics into sign language makes a few embarrassing mistakes.
Throughout the video, Depp supposedly makes the gesture for “enemy” when he really should be making the motion for “valentine.” Even worse, when the two actors try to make the sign for “agreed” they’re really doing the motion for “tampon.” A spokesperson for the British Deaf Association confirmed this for the music news outlet, but also added that American and British sign language are different.
McCartney directed the video for “My Valentine,” which was based on an idea from his fashion designer daughter, Stella. The song is one of two original songs off of McCartney’s new album Kisses on the Bottom, a collection of standards Paul grew up listening to as a kid.
Watch the video below to see Portman and Depp try their hands at sign language.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Celebrate The Season With #GivingTuesday
- Christina Aguilera, Ed Sheeran to Perform on ‘A Home For The Holidays’
- Nicki Minaj and Tyga to Appear in ‘Barbershop: The Next Cut’
- Lana Del Rey’s Ex on Surprise Break Up
- Coldplay Preview New Album ‘A Head Full Of Dreams’
- Watch Adele Perform ‘Water Under The Bridge’
- The Metro Show: Lift For Life Gym
- Metro Show: Veteran Businesses
- Top Spots In St. Louis To Get Your Holiday Shopping Done Early
- Top 2015 Holiday-Themed Stage Productions In St. Louis