A new U.K. songstress is breaking ground in the U.S. who rivals Adele.
Sande (whose full name is Adele Emily Sande) has experienced much success overseas with multiple No. 1 singles and received a Brits Critics Choice award at the Brit Awards earlier this year. The 24-year-old’s debut U.S. release, Our Version of Events is due June 5 and features impassioned vocals alongside soaring strings and piano on many of the tracks.
Critics have compared Sande to a wide-range of artists including Nina Simone, Joni Mitchell, Lauren Hill and Adele. A versatile list of singers, Sande said she just wants to be taken seriously.
“I’m not too bothered about what category my music goes in and there’s no point in limiting in who you can reach, but I want it to be respected,” she said. “You get so many opinions of which direction you should be going in, and you hear horror stories of people writing 400 songs and the album being shelved.”
In 2010 Sande put her medical studies to become a doctor on hold to pursue music full-time. Nearing the U.S. release of Our Version of Events and an upcoming tour with Coldplay, Sande is certain she made the right decision.
“[It’s far better to] come knowing what you wanna do. And I know what I want to do.”
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- CDC Recommends Tougher Teen Night Driving Restrictions
- People’s Laziness Costs the World How Much?!
- Meryl Streep in Talks to Join ‘Mary Poppins Returns’
- Skydiver to Attempt 25,000-Foot Jump Without a Parachute
- How To Keep Bagged Salad Last Longer
- VIDEO: Grandson Surprises Grandma
- Mary J. Blige Talks about her Divorce
- Trish’s Dishes: Mexican Caviar
- Six Ways Your Height Affects Your Health
- Snoop Dogg Says Hell No to Hot Dogs