Beyonce Shares Her Love For Michelle Obama
Even superstars get starstruck. Just ask Beyoncé. The pop singer has posted a handwritten fan letter on her website praising Michelle Obama as “the ultimate example of a truly strong African American woman.” In her note she gushes that “no matter the pressure and the stress of being under under the microscope” the First Lady always manages to be “humble, loving and sincere.”
The new mom, whose daughter Blue Ivy was born January 7, ends her letter by thanking Mrs. Obama for all that she has done saying, “I am proud to have my daughter grow up in a world where she has people like you, to look up to.”
This isn’t the first time Beyoncé shared her appreciation for the First Lady. Last year, she joined Mrs. Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign, which looks to fight childhood obesity in America. She re-worked her single “Get Me Bodied” to create the song and video for “Move Your Body.” This became the anthem for the initiative’s “Let’s Move! Flash Workout” program, promoting physical activity among school children.
Beyonce’s been doing a lot of letter writing lately. Last week, she posted an adoring note about Sade, writing, “Her music has been a true friend, as all true music should be.”
She’ll return to the big stage this Memorial Day for a three-day stint at the Revel casino, Atlantic City, NJ’s brand new mega-resort . This will be Beyonce’s first live show since giving birth earlier this year.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- See Jennifer Lopez’s New Look…Before She Got Confetti Bombed
- Stream Jason Derulo’s New Album ‘Everything Is 4′
- Amy Schumer Tries To Defend Bill Cosby in the Court of Public Opinion: Watch
- ‘iZombie’ Recap Episode 11: Is This the Real Life?
- Paul McCartney Turned Down a Role on ‘Friends’
- What commercials do you remember from the 80’s??? Reminisce with me………
- Forbes’ Most Powerful Women List
- 7 Celebrities Who Married Their Mistresses
- New Words Added to Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- Carrie Underwood Celebrates 10th Anniversary of American Idol Win