TriStar Pictures released the full trailer for Sparkle this week, which co-stars the late Whitney Houston in her final movie role that was to mark her return to the silver screen.
Co-starring former American Idol Jordin Sparks the trailer gives a first look at the movie about sisters following in the musical footsteps of their mother, played by Houston, to create the next big all-girl group of the ’60s.
While Cee-Lo Green, Mike Epps, Derek Luke and Jordin Sparks fill out the cast, Houston’s image looms large in the trailer. Reprising the role of Emma, a struggling mother of three daughters, she offers advice from a woman who has seen it all before.
“Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you,” she said. “It takes a lot of faith to do this, Sparkle.”
Given Houston’s untimely death and reported struggles with substance abuse, her words as Emma give the trailer an extra weight. At 48, Houston was found dead in her hotel bathtub in February, six months before the film’s August release date. Her death has since been attributed to drugs, including cocaine.
Sparkle is due out on Aug. 17th. See full trailer below.
–Erik Parker, CBS Local w/Britt Bickel, The Wave/Los Angeles
Latest from fresh1025.com
- What’s The Best Time To Exercise?
- Drones Take Halloween Pranks to the Next Level
- ADORABLE ALERT: Smiling Preemie Melts Hearts
- Five Reminders That People Are Inherently Good
- News Reporter Starts Hilarious Investigation Over a Spelling Mistake
- Ten Weirdest Sick Day Excuses People Used This Year
- PHOTO: Chill “Starbucks Uncle” Sips Coffee Despite Floods
- Listen to Win Tickets to Straight No Chaser at The Fox
- The 13 Best Types of Halloween Candy
- MetLife Fires Snoopy