Whitney Houston Shines In New “Sparkle” Trailer
TriStar Pictures released the full trailer for Sparkle this week, which co-stars the late Whitney Houston in her final movie role that was to mark her return to the silver screen.
Co-starring former American Idol Jordin Sparks the trailer gives a first look at the movie about sisters following in the musical footsteps of their mother, played by Houston, to create the next big all-girl group of the ’60s.
While Cee-Lo Green, Mike Epps, Derek Luke and Jordin Sparks fill out the cast, Houston’s image looms large in the trailer. Reprising the role of Emma, a struggling mother of three daughters, she offers advice from a woman who has seen it all before.
“Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you,” she said. “It takes a lot of faith to do this, Sparkle.”
Given Houston’s untimely death and reported struggles with substance abuse, her words as Emma give the trailer an extra weight. At 48, Houston was found dead in her hotel bathtub in February, six months before the film’s August release date. Her death has since been attributed to drugs, including cocaine.
Sparkle is due out on Aug. 17th. See full trailer below.
–Erik Parker, CBS Local w/Britt Bickel, The Wave/Los Angeles
Latest from fresh1025.com
- 10 Weird & Wonderful Things You Can Rent
- WATCH: Kelly Clarkson Covers Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball” In Concert
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- Check Out The Most Hated Hotels
- Best Workplaces for Millennials
- 21 Struggles for People Who Both Love & Hate the Gym
- Mariah Carey Is Directing a Christmas Movie
- Trish’s Trash: New Movies in Theaters
- What Happens One Hour After Drinking A Can Of Coke
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame