Madonna Launches New Fragrance And Stumbles Into Controversy
Next month at Macy’s department stores around the country, Madonna will kick off a new fragrance that holds a special place in her heart. For the singer, the sense of smell is particularly important. She believes that it her own sense of smell helps her to remember her late mother, who died at age 30 in 1963 when young Madge was only 5 years old. The new fragrance is based on a combination of scents that remind her of mom.
The pop singer called the combination “honest and yet daring,” in her Facebook chat with Jimmy Fallon and the name of her new fragrance, Truth or Dare, was born.
Despite the scent’s sentimental beginnings, the New York Post reports that ABC have already declined to air the ad as is, deeming it too suggestive. The network reportedly requested certain standards changes, but even with those in place the Disney-owned TV network are said to only air the ad after 9PM.
-Andrew Celani, Mix 104.1/Boston with additional reporting by Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- 11 Celebrities Who Had Awful Jobs in Their Twenties
- Lea Michele Opens Up About Finding Love After Cory Monteith
- Reasons You Should Be Happy That Summer is Ending
- MTV Unveils Full VMA Performers List including Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, The Weeknd & More
- 17 of the Strangest Guinness Book of World Records of All Time
- Watch Jennifer Lawrence & Amy Schumer Dance on Billy Joel’s Piano
- Adele’s Long-Awaited Album Finally Coming Out in November
- VIDEO: Kelly Clarkson Makes A Fan With Down Syndrome Dreams Come True
- WATCH: Jennifer Lawrence & Amy Schumer Dance On Billy Joel’s Piano
- Trish’s Trash: New Movies this Weekend