Cover Of The Week: Hall & Oates’ ‘I Can’t Go For That’ In Moving Vehicle
A new viral video cover of the Hall & Oates classic “I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do)” gives refreshed meaning to the term “driving music.”
In the clip, San Francisco band Nicki Bluhm and the Gramblers take on the 1981 No. 1 single from H&O — all while in a moving vehicle. Navigating those cumbersome instruments in a small space while navigating the roads is no easy feat. Watch below.
Yes, their van is visibly in motion, driven by front woman Nicki Bluhm. But don’t worry, they’re wearing their seat belts. This is old hat for the emerging act: “I Can’t Go For That” is the 17th classic cover Nicki Bluhm and the Gramblers have recorded on an iPhone in their van while traveling between gigs. No car accidents… so far.
-Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Watch Jennifer Lawrence & Amy Schumer Dance on Billy Joel’s Piano
- Adele’s Long-Awaited Album Finally Coming Out in November
- VIDEO: Kelly Clarkson Makes A Fan With Down Syndrome Dreams Come True
- WATCH: Jennifer Lawrence & Amy Schumer Dance On Billy Joel’s Piano
- Trish’s Trash: New Movies this Weekend
- Woman Turns High-Speed Police Chase Into Episode Of ‘Club MTV’
- New Words Added to Oxford Dictionary
- Tower Records Immortalized in New Doc Featuring Former Employee Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen
- Fifth Harmony Check in to Haunted Hotel for ‘I’m in Love with a Monster’ Video
- Lady Gaga Combines Glamour and Gore in ‘American Horror Story’ Photos