Katy Perry Premieres “Part Of Me” Video
The premiere of Katy Perry’s latest, “Part of Me,” is a big affair that garnered the pop star a 30 minute special on MTV following the video’s first airing. The war-torn clip is a far cry from what the world expected, given the mass speculation online that it is about her ex, Russell Brand. The concept of the video takes the viewer about as far away from that conceit as possible.
Perry does play a woman scorned by a cheating partner in the video, but her character in “Part of Me” shakes it off by joining the Marines in a bid to claim her independence. In a live interview with MTV Perry said, “For 3 days I was a wannabe Marine which was so difficult. Can I tell you how much, so much more respect I have for men and women in service?”
Perry further referenced her influence in creating this video by G.I. Jane. She said, “I’m kind of like an all or nothing kind of girl and that is definitely the case with this video.”
The video was directed by Ben Mor, who has previously helmed videos for the Black Eyed Peas, Nas, and T.I.. Perry debuted “Part of Me” on the 2012 GRAMMYS. The song is from her forthcoming album Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, out March 27th.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Woman Turns High-Speed Police Chase Into Episode Of ‘Club MTV’
- New Words Added to Oxford Dictionary
- Tower Records Immortalized in New Doc Featuring Former Employee Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen
- Fifth Harmony Check in to Haunted Hotel for ‘I’m in Love with a Monster’ Video
- Lady Gaga Combines Glamour and Gore in ‘American Horror Story’ Photos
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Posts Surprise New Teaser Trailer
- Top Brewery Tours In St. Louis
- Taylor Swift and Lisa Kudrow Perform ‘Friends’ Hit ‘Smelly Cat’
- Miley Cyrus Gets Nearly Naked, Talks to People About Miley Cyrus
- Starbucks: End Of Summer Flavors