The premiere of Katy Perry’s latest, “Part of Me,” is a big affair that garnered the pop star a 30 minute special on MTV following the video’s first airing. The war-torn clip is a far cry from what the world expected, given the mass speculation online that it is about her ex, Russell Brand. The concept of the video takes the viewer about as far away from that conceit as possible.
Perry does play a woman scorned by a cheating partner in the video, but her character in “Part of Me” shakes it off by joining the Marines in a bid to claim her independence. In a live interview with MTV Perry said, “For 3 days I was a wannabe Marine which was so difficult. Can I tell you how much, so much more respect I have for men and women in service?”
Perry further referenced her influence in creating this video by G.I. Jane. She said, “I’m kind of like an all or nothing kind of girl and that is definitely the case with this video.”
The video was directed by Ben Mor, who has previously helmed videos for the Black Eyed Peas, Nas, and T.I.. Perry debuted “Part of Me” on the 2012 GRAMMYS. The song is from her forthcoming album Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, out March 27th.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- REVIEW: Can a Himalayan Salt Lamp Cure Workplace ‘Blah?’
- Dance Group Celebrates The King of Pop
- A ‘When to Wash What’ Guide For Your Household
- Tom Hanks Recreates ‘Big’ Rap
- Neiman Marcus Fantasy Christmas Gifts
- Clever Ways to Store Food!!
- WATCH: Jimmy Kimmel’s Mean Tweets-President Edition
- Toni Braxton Wears Heart Monitor on Stage
- 11 Totally Epic Taylor Swift Squad Moments
- Preview Lady Gaga on ‘Carpool Karaoke’