The premiere of Katy Perry’s latest, “Part of Me,” is a big affair that garnered the pop star a 30 minute special on MTV following the video’s first airing. The war-torn clip is a far cry from what the world expected, given the mass speculation online that it is about her ex, Russell Brand. The concept of the video takes the viewer about as far away from that conceit as possible.
Perry does play a woman scorned by a cheating partner in the video, but her character in “Part of Me” shakes it off by joining the Marines in a bid to claim her independence. In a live interview with MTV Perry said, “For 3 days I was a wannabe Marine which was so difficult. Can I tell you how much, so much more respect I have for men and women in service?”
Perry further referenced her influence in creating this video by G.I. Jane. She said, “I’m kind of like an all or nothing kind of girl and that is definitely the case with this video.”
The video was directed by Ben Mor, who has previously helmed videos for the Black Eyed Peas, Nas, and T.I.. Perry debuted “Part of Me” on the 2012 GRAMMYS. The song is from her forthcoming album Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, out March 27th.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- ‘Hogwarts Express’ Rescues Stranded Family
- Horror Movies You Must Watch This Halloween
- Harry Styles Reveals That He Named One Direction
- Opportunity For Cardinals Fans To Plan Their Dream Wedding At Busch Stadium
- Prince William & Princess Kate Confirm Date for Baby #3!
- Britney Spears Gets Cozy With Model Boyfriend
- Google Photos Can Recognize Your Pets Now
- Bruno Mars, Solange Lead ‘Soul Train’ Nominees
- VIRAL VIDEO: Firefighters Reenact”Dirty Dancing” Scene For Safety Video
- UPS Dogs Facebook Page Is A Thing We Didn’t Know We Needed