Video: Taylor Swift Teaches Her Cat, And Fans About ACM Voting
Though she won the Academy of Country Music’s Entertainer of the Year award just last year, Taylor Swift isn’t leaving anything to chance. Instead, she has enlisted her cat, Meredith, to entice fans to vote for her.
“Hey, Mer. So you’re new here so you don’t really know this yet. This is coming up on a really amazing thing that happens every year. The ACM’s. You don’t know how this goes, but I just thought I’d explain it to.”
Rotating the camera from her to her cat, Meredith, Swift explained that she’s nominated for the Academy of Country Music’s Entertainer of the Year. Meanwhile, Meredith, who was named after the main character on Grey’s Anatomy, shows she’s paying attention with continuous meows.
“So, we got nominated for Entertainer of the Year which is HUGE and wonderful,” Swift said. “And the thing about the ACM’s is that it’s fan voted. So, people can go on and vote once a day starting March 19 which is awesome. All the way up until the show, which is just so cool.”
Meredith then jumps up on her hind legs to show she is clearly paying attention.
“Do you think that people should go and vote maybe?” Swift asked.
To which Meredith meows loudly, clearly giving a resounding “Yes.”
Further adding to the phenomenon of cats on the Internet, Swift gets her point across. The New Republic recently published an article on just this. In their article, “Why Do Cats Run the Internet? A Scientific Explanation,” the New Republic talks to several experts.
“Cats’ famously reserved and withholding personalities naturally seduce us into paying closer attention to them. And unlike humans and dogs, cats are not only natural predators — they are also prey, a reason why cats often appear reserved and stealthy,” Perry Stein writes.
The Academy of Country Music Awards air Sunday, April 1 on CBS.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Grace Jones on Lady Gaga, “I just didn’t feel a soul”
- Barbra Streisand Wants Lady Gaga to Star in her ‘Gypsy’ Re-Make, Per John Travolta
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton On ‘SNL’
- WATCH: Sam Smith Unveils Bond-Themed “Writing’s on the Wall”
- VIDEO: Jay Leno Goes Undercover as an UberBlack Driver
- “Flying Saucer” Wins Giant Pumpkin Festival!
- Trish’s Trash: Britney Crashes Party, America’s First Family??? Nooooooo!
- VIDEO: After 17 Years Of Trying, Couple Discovers They’re Having A Baby!
- Greg’s Return To Work Hits Roadblock As He Attempts To Walk Across Room
- Parents Share Their Worst Trick-Or-Treating Stories