For the relaunch of VEVO’s video platform, Britney Spears weighed in with her “Back to the ’80s” playlist. Spears’ favorites start with Salt-N-Pepa’s “Push It” and run the gamut from Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” to Dan Hartman’s “I Can Dream About You.” Spears includes classics like Duran Duran’s “Hungry Like the Wolf” and Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean.” Interestingly, the final video is Spears’ playlist is Paula Abdul’s “Straight Up.” Abdul recently ended her tenure on The X Factor, a show that Rolling Stone reports Spears was offered $10 million to join as a judge — effectively taking Abdul’s place.
While Spears might know exactly what she likes about the past, it seems her future is in the air. She won’t be hosting The X Factor, unless the reality singing show doubles its offer to the pop star. TheWrap reports she is considering a lucrative offer to take residency in a Las Vegas hotel instead. Former host Abdul was only paid $2.5 million for her work in the show’s first season.
Spears is no stranger to showing her fandom of ’80s music. For the soundtrack to her movie Crossroads, Spears covered the ’80s hit “I Love Rock ‘N Roll” by Joan Jett. And she infamously paid tribute to Madonna on the 2003 Video Music Awards, performing a version of “Like A Virgin” that ended in a very famous girl-on-girl kiss. Tellingly, Madonna is absent from Spears’ VEVO playlist.
–Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Ethan Hawke Plays Chet Baker in ‘Born to Be Blue’ Trailer
- Adele Shares ‘Vogue’ Cover
- Microsoft App Tells You What Breed of Dog You Resemble
- Viral Video: Poor Kid! Dad Throws Giant Snowball
- Hilarious Clip Of Adele Photobombing Fans
- WATCH: President Obama Sends A Funny Valentine’s Day Message To His First Lady
- Trish’s Trash: New Movies in Theaters this Weekend
- Top Valentine’s Day Bars For Singles In St. Louis
- Find Out How Strong Your Relationship Is With The “Love Calculator!”
- Shake Shack Coming To St. Louis