For the relaunch of VEVO’s video platform, Britney Spears weighed in with her “Back to the ’80s” playlist. Spears’ favorites start with Salt-N-Pepa’s “Push It” and run the gamut from Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” to Dan Hartman’s “I Can Dream About You.” Spears includes classics like Duran Duran’s “Hungry Like the Wolf” and Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean.” Interestingly, the final video is Spears’ playlist is Paula Abdul’s “Straight Up.” Abdul recently ended her tenure on The X Factor, a show that Rolling Stone reports Spears was offered $10 million to join as a judge — effectively taking Abdul’s place.
While Spears might know exactly what she likes about the past, it seems her future is in the air. She won’t be hosting The X Factor, unless the reality singing show doubles its offer to the pop star. TheWrap reports she is considering a lucrative offer to take residency in a Las Vegas hotel instead. Former host Abdul was only paid $2.5 million for her work in the show’s first season.
Spears is no stranger to showing her fandom of ’80s music. For the soundtrack to her movie Crossroads, Spears covered the ’80s hit “I Love Rock ‘N Roll” by Joan Jett. And she infamously paid tribute to Madonna on the 2003 Video Music Awards, performing a version of “Like A Virgin” that ended in a very famous girl-on-girl kiss. Tellingly, Madonna is absent from Spears’ VEVO playlist.
–Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Grinch Stabs Inflatable Snowman on St. Louis Lawn
- Trish’s Trash: Most Overpaid Actors in Hollywood
- #RedneckXmasSongs Trending on Twitter
- Beyoncé’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Rejected for Country GRAMMY: Report
- The Best & Worst Moments of Hairspray Live!
- Lowe’s Hired an Out-of-Work Veteran AND His Service Dog
- Sia Separates from Husband of Two Years
- CARPOOL KARAOKE: Madonna ‘Vogues’ Along with James Corden
- Madonna Joins James Corden for Carpool Karaoke
- GRAMMY Nominations: 7 Bizarre Matchups