For the relaunch of VEVO’s video platform, Britney Spears weighed in with her “Back to the ’80s” playlist. Spears’ favorites start with Salt-N-Pepa’s “Push It” and run the gamut from Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” to Dan Hartman’s “I Can Dream About You.” Spears includes classics like Duran Duran’s “Hungry Like the Wolf” and Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean.” Interestingly, the final video is Spears’ playlist is Paula Abdul’s “Straight Up.” Abdul recently ended her tenure on The X Factor, a show that Rolling Stone reports Spears was offered $10 million to join as a judge — effectively taking Abdul’s place.
While Spears might know exactly what she likes about the past, it seems her future is in the air. She won’t be hosting The X Factor, unless the reality singing show doubles its offer to the pop star. TheWrap reports she is considering a lucrative offer to take residency in a Las Vegas hotel instead. Former host Abdul was only paid $2.5 million for her work in the show’s first season.
Spears is no stranger to showing her fandom of ’80s music. For the soundtrack to her movie Crossroads, Spears covered the ’80s hit “I Love Rock ‘N Roll” by Joan Jett. And she infamously paid tribute to Madonna on the 2003 Video Music Awards, performing a version of “Like A Virgin” that ended in a very famous girl-on-girl kiss. Tellingly, Madonna is absent from Spears’ VEVO playlist.
–Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- United Airlines Leggings Blunder Stirs Up Controversy
- WATCH: Middle-Schooler FREAKS When He Meets Bart Simpson
- Adele May Never Tour Again
- WATCH: Adele Performs in Rain in a Ball Gown
- Maxwell Announces U.S. Tour Dates, Shares ‘Gods’ Video
- WATCH: 30 Years Ago U2’s Concert on Rooftop of Liquor Store
- Your Boss Will Judge You If Your Desk Is Too Messy . . . Or Too Clean?
- Jon Gosselin’s Confirms New Career-‘Male Dancer’
- VIRAL VIDEO: Angry Queen’s Guardsman Yells at a Tourist in London
- Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, More Celebrate Elton John’s 70th Birthday Bash