John Mayer To Take “Indefinite Break From Live Performing”
While gearing up to debut the new material at SXSW, Mayer writes “it came to mind that I should see my throat doctor because something didn’t feel/sound right.”
After an operation last year to remove a granuloma, Mayer was faced with an unfortunate circumstance.
“I went in for a visit on Wednesday and a scope of my vocal cords revealed that the granuloma has grown back where it had mostly healed,” he writes. “This is bad news. Because of this, I have no choice but to take an indefinite break from live performing. Though there will be a day when all of this will be behind me, it will sideline me for a longer period of time than I care to have you count down.”
Since Mayer will be silenced for an indefinite time and unable to perform live he has decided to work on a new album.
“Born and Raised will be released as scheduled, but because I don’t make a very good anything-other-than-a-musician, I’m going to begin writing the next album very soon,” he says.
“I feel really vibrant as a writer at the moment and there’s no reason not to begin the next album project in the time I would have been touring. Somewhere in all of this is another surgery and a very long chemically-imposed period of silence, so I hope you’ll understand that I have to really pick that date carefully.”
Born And Raised is scheduled for a May 22 release. His first single off the album, “Shadow Days” was released to radio last week.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Celebrate National Watermelon Day (VIDEO)
- WATCH: Law & Order Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Celebrity Birthday’s: August 3rd-9th
- Trish’s Trash: Kelly Clarkson in Stl and Mariah and the Biebs
- Patrick Stewart Recites Lyrics From Taylor Swift’s “Style”
- Top Wineries Near St. Louis
- Kraft Recalls Cheese Singles Over Choking Hazard
- Enter-To-Win Ariana Grande Tickets
- VIDEO: The First Preview Of Ben Stiller’s ‘Zoolander 2′ Hit Over The Weekend
- 10 Weird & Wonderful Things You Can Rent