Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, and Andy Samberg have all signed on to star in “One Hit Wonders,” a movie musical by Ryan Murphy. Paltrow, Witherspoon & Diaz will play ’90s divas who recorded one hit before their careers tanked and who decide to get together to form a supergroup. Samburg and the Lonely Island will create original music. No information is currently available on Beyonce’s role in the project.
All these ladies have tackled singing roles on film before. Beyonce had an unforgettable star turn in Dreamgirls. Paltrow made her vocal movie debut in Duets and has become a recurring character on “Glee.” Witherspoon won an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. And Diaz notoriously offered up her take on terrible karaoke in My Best Friend’s Wedding.
Ryan Murphy will write, direct and produce the film. He is best known as the creator of “Glee” and “American Horror Story,” as well as the writer/director of Eat Pray Love.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Register To Win A Gateway Arch Riverboat Brunch Cruise
- In a Month, Nobody Will Manufacture New VCRs
- Woman Buys Doormat, Receives Something Else Instead
- Britney Spears Reveals Dream Car
- St. Louis County Parks Food Truck Fest – Tilles Park
- Trish’s Trash: Did JoJo’s Pick Get Revealed?? #Bachelorette
- Trish’s Dishes: Super Simple Garlic Pork Chops
- Four INSANELY Bizarre Health Trends That Musicians Are Buying Into
- VIRAL VIDEO: Watch A “Pokémon Go” Prank Go Horribly Wrong
- Reasons Why Diets Are Just So Impossible For Some People