Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, Cameron Diaz, and Andy Samberg have all signed on to star in “One Hit Wonders,” a movie musical by Ryan Murphy. Paltrow, Witherspoon & Diaz will play ’90s divas who recorded one hit before their careers tanked and who decide to get together to form a supergroup. Samburg and the Lonely Island will create original music. No information is currently available on Beyonce’s role in the project.
All these ladies have tackled singing roles on film before. Beyonce had an unforgettable star turn in Dreamgirls. Paltrow made her vocal movie debut in Duets and has become a recurring character on “Glee.” Witherspoon won an Oscar for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in Walk the Line. And Diaz notoriously offered up her take on terrible karaoke in My Best Friend’s Wedding.
Ryan Murphy will write, direct and produce the film. He is best known as the creator of “Glee” and “American Horror Story,” as well as the writer/director of Eat Pray Love.
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Interview: Teresa Giudice Tells GMA Prison Was Like “Living in Hell”
- Oscars Plan on Preventing Boring Speeches This Year
- Why Meghan Trainor Should Win the Best New Artist GRAMMY
- Chicago Release Official Statement on Peter Cetera
- Carly Rae Jepsen Covers ‘Full House’ Theme in New Trailer
- Hall & Oates Announce Summer Tour 2016
- Go Behind The Scenes of Taylor Swift’s ‘Out Of The Woods’ Music Video
- Pet Of The Week: General
- Metro Show: A Place Of Safety
- Oscars’ Gift Bags to Include $275 Roll of Toilet Paper