In a rather odd, fitting, yet sad twist of fate, hit television show Glee had already planned to do an emotional cover of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]’s song “I Will Always Love You,” made most famous by the recently-passed pop musical icon, [lastfm link_type=””]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], on The Bodyguard soundtrack. It was sung by Amber Riley a/k/a “Mercedes” during Glee‘s Valentine’s Day special, “Heart.”
[pullquote quote=”Whitney had a huge impact on her.”]”It’s a really crazy coincidence,” said Glee‘s music producer Adam Anders to Entertainment Weekly while at the Grammy Awards. “We are shell-shocked.”
“I was talking to Amber last night and she was really in a daze about it. It really flipped her out. She just met her on Thursday. Whitney had a huge impact on her.”
- What do you think of Mercedes’ cover of “I Will Always Love You?” Let us know in the comments!
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Adele Pays Tribute to London Attack Victims
- Do You Put One Space or Two After a Period???
- St. Louis County Police Having Fun with Snapchat!
- Beyoncé Facetimes Fan Battling Stage 4 Cancer
- Ryan Reynolds & Jake Gyllenhaal Answer Google Questions
- Chainsmokers, Keith Urban, Aerosmith to Play NCAA March Madness Music Festival
- AUDIO: Should You Tip When Getting Takeout?
- 5 Costly Songwriting Similarities
- VIRAL VIDEO: Man Rides Retired Racehorse, Immediately Regrets It
- White Chocolate M&M’s Will Be a Permanent