In a rather odd, fitting, yet sad twist of fate, hit television show Glee had already planned to do an emotional cover of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]’s song “I Will Always Love You,” made most famous by the recently-passed pop musical icon, [lastfm link_type=””]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], on The Bodyguard soundtrack. It was sung by Amber Riley a/k/a “Mercedes” during Glee‘s Valentine’s Day special, “Heart.”
[pullquote quote=”Whitney had a huge impact on her.”]”It’s a really crazy coincidence,” said Glee‘s music producer Adam Anders to Entertainment Weekly while at the Grammy Awards. “We are shell-shocked.”
“I was talking to Amber last night and she was really in a daze about it. It really flipped her out. She just met her on Thursday. Whitney had a huge impact on her.”
- What do you think of Mercedes’ cover of “I Will Always Love You?” Let us know in the comments!
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Ed Sheeran Coming To Busch Stadium!
- Justin Bieber Expresses Support for Black Lives Matter
- Niall Horan Reveals ‘Flicker’ Tracklist
- Shawn Mendes Raising Big Bucks for Mexico Earthquake Relief
- WATCH: Ellen Spoofs Taylor Swift Video
- Watch Ellen DeGeneres Parody Taylor Swift
- Halloween Costume Ideas with Greg & Sue
- Walmart To Deliver Groceries AND Put Them Away?!?!
- Spanx For Your Arms Hit Stores on Monday
- VIRAL VIDEO: Little Dog Hilariously Misjudges Jump On To Couch