In a rather odd, fitting, yet sad twist of fate, hit television show Glee had already planned to do an emotional cover of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]’s song “I Will Always Love You,” made most famous by the recently-passed pop musical icon, [lastfm link_type=””]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], on The Bodyguard soundtrack. It was sung by Amber Riley a/k/a “Mercedes” during Glee‘s Valentine’s Day special, “Heart.”
[pullquote quote=”Whitney had a huge impact on her.”]”It’s a really crazy coincidence,” said Glee‘s music producer Adam Anders to Entertainment Weekly while at the Grammy Awards. “We are shell-shocked.”
“I was talking to Amber last night and she was really in a daze about it. It really flipped her out. She just met her on Thursday. Whitney had a huge impact on her.”
- What do you think of Mercedes’ cover of “I Will Always Love You?” Let us know in the comments!
Latest from fresh1025.com
- McDonald’s Coke Really Does Taste Better, and Here’s Why
- The Oscars’ Red Carpet Isn’t Actually Red!
- Mr. T & Simone Biles to Compete on DWTS Season 24
- Tips To Know Before You Go to Mardi Gras
- WATCH: Would John Mayer Ever Be on the ‘Bachelor’??
- The Voice Judges Cover TLC’s Waterfalls
- JC Penny Closing 140 Stores
- This Wife Is Allergic To Her Husband
- New Oreo Flavor!
- Trish’s Dishes: Bacon Burger Bites