In a rather odd, fitting, yet sad twist of fate, hit television show Glee had already planned to do an emotional cover of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]’s song “I Will Always Love You,” made most famous by the recently-passed pop musical icon, [lastfm link_type=””]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], on The Bodyguard soundtrack. It was sung by Amber Riley a/k/a “Mercedes” during Glee‘s Valentine’s Day special, “Heart.”
[pullquote quote=”Whitney had a huge impact on her.”]”It’s a really crazy coincidence,” said Glee‘s music producer Adam Anders to Entertainment Weekly while at the Grammy Awards. “We are shell-shocked.”
“I was talking to Amber last night and she was really in a daze about it. It really flipped her out. She just met her on Thursday. Whitney had a huge impact on her.”
- What do you think of Mercedes’ cover of “I Will Always Love You?” Let us know in the comments!
Latest from fresh1025.com
- QUESTION: Why Are People Eating Oranges in The Shower?
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harrison Ford’s Controversial Taxiway Landing
- Is Train’s “Drops of Jupiter” the Best Song Ever?
- The More You Hang Out With Your Mom, The Longer She’ll Live
- 2017 Cardinals Single Game Tickets on Sale Friday
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix’s ‘Touch’
- David Cassidy Reveals He Is Battling Dementia
- Trish’s Trash: Katy Perry Debuts ‘Chained to the Rhythm’ Video
- Angelina Jolie on Split from Brad Pitt
- Jennifer Lopez Continues to Avoid Discussing Her Relationship with Drake