Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe has asked President Obama if he would like to perform [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Al Green[/lastfm]’s “Let’s Stay Together,” live on a taping of American Idol. The President performed a brief rendition of the song at a recent Apollo Theater fundraiser, which led to a whopping 490% increase in sales of the single. So maybe he does have some pull with the musically inclined in the country, and we know that Idol‘s ratings haven’t been so hot in recent seasons, but does Lythgoe really think that a presidential cameo appearance will help?
Lythgoe tweeted the following to the commander-in-chief earlier this week:
We’re sorry, but we don’t think Obama can spring for this one… even if he wanted to grow his constituency by connecting with the Idol audience, he’s just got better things to do! So we won’t be surprised if he declines the offer.
Regardless, he’s got a great voice! Watch the video below…
What do you think? Would you be more enclined to watch American Idol if the President took the stage with Al Green?
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Joanie’s Brother Does NOT Love Chachi
- LIST: The 2017 U.S. News Best High Schools Rankings For Missouri
- VIRAL VIDEO: “Ship-Hop”, The All-Star Cruise with ’90s Hip-Hop Stars
- Go-Fund Me Account Set Up To Help Young Family Injured in Airport Crash
- Selena Gomez Debuts Short Haircut
- Viral Video: Daughter Gives Dad a Fierce Makeover
- The Very Best Things to Clean When You’re Angry
- Beyoncé Launches Scholarship Program for Young Women
- Former ‘Bachelor’ Arrested After Fatal Crash
- Race Your Friends on Instagram to Help Strange Donuts Give Out Scholarships