Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe has asked President Obama if he would like to perform [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Al Green[/lastfm]’s “Let’s Stay Together,” live on a taping of American Idol. The President performed a brief rendition of the song at a recent Apollo Theater fundraiser, which led to a whopping 490% increase in sales of the single. So maybe he does have some pull with the musically inclined in the country, and we know that Idol‘s ratings haven’t been so hot in recent seasons, but does Lythgoe really think that a presidential cameo appearance will help?
Lythgoe tweeted the following to the commander-in-chief earlier this week:
We’re sorry, but we don’t think Obama can spring for this one… even if he wanted to grow his constituency by connecting with the Idol audience, he’s just got better things to do! So we won’t be surprised if he declines the offer.
Regardless, he’s got a great voice! Watch the video below…
What do you think? Would you be more enclined to watch American Idol if the President took the stage with Al Green?
Latest from fresh1025.com
- How To Keep Bagged Salad Last Longer
- VIDEO: Grandson Surprises Grandma
- Mary J. Blige Talks about her Divorce
- Trish’s Dishes: Mexican Caviar
- Six Ways Your Height Affects Your Health
- Snoop Dogg Says Hell No to Hot Dogs
- Son Pranks Parents By Replacing Family Portraits With Photos of Steve Buscemi
- VIRAL VIDEO: Gwen Stefani Brings Bullied Boy On Stage During Concert
- Prince’s Family Plans Minneapolis Tribute Concert
- Gwen Stefani Shares Stage with Young, Bullied Boy