Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe has asked President Obama if he would like to perform [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Al Green[/lastfm]’s “Let’s Stay Together,” live on a taping of American Idol. The President performed a brief rendition of the song at a recent Apollo Theater fundraiser, which led to a whopping 490% increase in sales of the single. So maybe he does have some pull with the musically inclined in the country, and we know that Idol‘s ratings haven’t been so hot in recent seasons, but does Lythgoe really think that a presidential cameo appearance will help?
Lythgoe tweeted the following to the commander-in-chief earlier this week:
We’re sorry, but we don’t think Obama can spring for this one… even if he wanted to grow his constituency by connecting with the Idol audience, he’s just got better things to do! So we won’t be surprised if he declines the offer.
Regardless, he’s got a great voice! Watch the video below…
What do you think? Would you be more enclined to watch American Idol if the President took the stage with Al Green?
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Celine Dion Is The Hockey Mom We All Aspire To Be
- Find Out Which Words Were Added to the Dictionary the Year You Were Born
- Shawn Mendes to Kick Off MTV ‘Unplugged’ Reboot
- World’s Highest Paid Actresses
- Woman Loses Her Engagement Ring in Garden, Finds It 13 Years Later!
- Shania Twain Coming To St. Louis On 2018 ‘Now’ Tour
- Are You Interested in Unlimited Movies in the Theater for $10 a Month?
- Win A Pair Of Front Row Tickets To Our Back To The Eighties Show
- Bonnie Tyler To Perform ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ During Eclipse
- Taylor Swift Begins Donations to Support Sexual Assault Victims