Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe has asked President Obama if he would like to perform [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Al Green[/lastfm]’s “Let’s Stay Together,” live on a taping of American Idol. The President performed a brief rendition of the song at a recent Apollo Theater fundraiser, which led to a whopping 490% increase in sales of the single. So maybe he does have some pull with the musically inclined in the country, and we know that Idol‘s ratings haven’t been so hot in recent seasons, but does Lythgoe really think that a presidential cameo appearance will help?
Lythgoe tweeted the following to the commander-in-chief earlier this week:
We’re sorry, but we don’t think Obama can spring for this one… even if he wanted to grow his constituency by connecting with the Idol audience, he’s just got better things to do! So we won’t be surprised if he declines the offer.
Regardless, he’s got a great voice! Watch the video below…
What do you think? Would you be more enclined to watch American Idol if the President took the stage with Al Green?
Latest from fresh1025.com
- What’s the Most Popular Delivery Order in Missouri and Illinois?
- Just Watch Stephen Colbert’s Monologue To Explain Last Night’s Debate
- Teammate of Tragically Killed Marlins Player Creates Incredible Moment
- Selena Gomez Becomes First with 100 Million Instagram Followers
- LIST: The 10 Greatest Breakfast Cereals of All Time
- Adele’s ’25’ Goes Diamond in Less Than a Year
- Katy Perry, Chance the Rapper, More React to First Presidential Debate
- Tom Hanks Crashes Random Couple’s Wedding
- Hangover-Free Alcohol Being Developed
- Lady Gaga Shares ‘Joanne’ Title Inspiration