Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe has asked President Obama if he would like to perform [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Al Green[/lastfm]’s “Let’s Stay Together,” live on a taping of American Idol. The President performed a brief rendition of the song at a recent Apollo Theater fundraiser, which led to a whopping 490% increase in sales of the single. So maybe he does have some pull with the musically inclined in the country, and we know that Idol‘s ratings haven’t been so hot in recent seasons, but does Lythgoe really think that a presidential cameo appearance will help?
Lythgoe tweeted the following to the commander-in-chief earlier this week:
We’re sorry, but we don’t think Obama can spring for this one… even if he wanted to grow his constituency by connecting with the Idol audience, he’s just got better things to do! So we won’t be surprised if he declines the offer.
Regardless, he’s got a great voice! Watch the video below…
What do you think? Would you be more enclined to watch American Idol if the President took the stage with Al Green?
Latest from fresh1025.com
- Register To Win Tickets To The Working Women’s Survival Show
- Listen To Win Tickets To See The Lumineers
- Beyoncé Announces 2016 World Tour Dates
- Beyoncé Shares New Song ‘Formation’
- Bruno Mars to Join Coldplay for Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Adele Shares a Photo of When She Was Young
- Puppies Predict Super Bowl Winner
- Go Red For Women Day, Preventing Heart Disease
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Gets Big Renewal From Netflix
- Trish’s Trash: New Movies in Theaters