So, the U2 show at Busch Stadium is this Sunday…and it’s also supposed to be close to 100 degrees. Here’s what you need to know before you head to the show.
Live Nation released the following information about the U2 show this Sunday, July 17th. The show starts at 7pm, and Gates open at 5pm. There is an opener (Interpol), and U2 goes on after that.
General Admission Field Tickets
- Fans will be allowed to start lining up at Gate 5 on Sunday morning at 7:00am
- Fans with General Admission Field tickets must enter at Gate 5
- No overnight camping allowed
- No open fire, glass or alchohol will be allowed in line
- Concessions will be available
- No blankets allowed on the field
- Please be advised, the field will be very hot and proper footwear should be worn.
- Backpacks, purses, diaper bags, fanny packs and soft sided coolers that do not exceed a maximum size of 16’x16’x8 (all bags must be able to fit under your seat)
- Non-alcoholic beverages including water and soda in open cups or in clear plastic bottles no larger than 2 liters
- Small personal cameras
- Alcohol, bottles, cans, thermoses, hard-sided coolers, hard plastic cups/mugs, umbrellas, laser pens/pointers, fireworks, or any other item that poses a threat to other guests, stadium employees or the performers.
- Professional cameras with detachable and/or large lenses.
- Video and audio recorders.
- All items will be inspected. Those patrons who refuse a search will be denied entrance into the stadium. Exceptions may be made for medical conditions.
All Eastbound lanes of Highway 40 (I-64) will be closed between Jefferson Avenue and the Poplar Street Bridge starting Friday night at 8pm and reopening Sunday evening at 5pm. Also Eastbound and Westbound lanes on I-44 at Jamieson will be closed Friday at 7pm until Monday at 5am. Fans are encouraged to ride MetroLink for this event.
MetroLink will extend its hours of operation to accommodate concert goers on Sunday night. Metro will continue MetroLink service until all Downtown stations are cleared.