There are a lot of lane closures happening across the metro area this weekend. If you’re heading downtown for [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]U2[/lastfm] this Sunday, be prepared to have an alternate route lined up — check out these traffic updates from MODOT…
- Fans coming downtown early to Busch Stadium for the U2 concert on Sunday should consider alternate routes including Interstates 55 and 70.
- In St. Louis City, all lanes of eastbound I-64 will be closed from Jefferson to the Poplar Street bridge beginning Friday night at 8 p.m. The interstate will not reopen until 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Two lanes of both eastbound and westbound lanes of the Poplar Street bridge will also be closed from Friday at 8 p.m. until 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Various lanes of both eastbound and westbound I-44 at Jamieson will also be closed from 7 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday. Crews will be working to begin removing and replacing the Jamieson bridge driving surface.
- In South St. Louis County, starting Friday night at 9 p.m., the eastbound I-44 exit ramp to southbound I-270 will close until 5 a.m. Monday morning.
- The ramp from southbound I-270 to eastbound I-44 will be closed on Saturday from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. Sunday morning.
- Two lanes on southbound I-270 will be closed this weekend, beginning at 8 p.m. Friday until 10 a.m. Monday. Crews are making bridge repairs on two bridges on southbound I-270 between I-44 and Gravois Road.
- Motorists can use Route 141 this weekend as an alternate route.
- Traffic on southbound I-270 will be split into three left lanes and one right through lanes open after this weekend’s work, with reduced speed limits and lane widths.
Click to visit MODOT for more information on this weekend’s ongoing lane closures.