John Carney Joins The New Fresh 102.5

john carney John Carney Joins The New Fresh 102.5

CBS RADIO’s Fresh 102.5 (KEZK-FM) in St. Louis today announced the welcome addition of John Carney as the station’s morning drive time host, weekdays from 5:00 – 9:00AM, CT. Carney will be heard on-air, online at and through a variety of mobile devices including the iPhone, iPod Touch, Blackberry and Zune starting January 24, 2011.

For over 40 years, St. Louisans’ have found comfort in the fact that there has been a Carney on-air in St. Louis.  Carney’s commitment to a career in radio came on the heels of his father’s advice, the late Jack Carney of KMOX fame. In July of 1998, Carney signed on at long time CBS Radio powerhouse KMOX.  That is where Carney has been heard up until his move to the new Fresh 102.5.

When Carney is off the air, he can be found hosting various charity events around town or playing with his one of his bands, The “Carn Dogs” Heartsfield” or “Mr. Wizzard”.  His other passion is helping kids. It was from this that the “Carney’s Kids Foundation” was born.  The organization raises awareness and funds each year for several children’s charities. For more info on the foundation, check out

Fresh 102.5 will continue to be St. Louis’ At-work station anchored by:

John Carney – weekdays, 5:00 AM – 9:00 AM

Dana Daniels – weekdays, 9:00 AM- 2:00 PM

Vic Porcelli – weekdays, 2:00- 7:00 PM

Delilah – weekdays, 7:00 PM- 12:00 AM

John Tesh- Sunday, 6:00- 9:00 AM

1. Steve Hoerr says:

Congrats to you, John, from your old Maryville College party pal Steve Hoerr! Best wishes, heh, heeeh!!

2. CAROLE says:

It will be so great to hear John in the morning, i use to listen to his dad and then to John in the late evening on KMOX. He will be a great asset to kezk Welcome John

3. Doug says:

Looking forward to hearing John in the mornings.

4. Mike says:

We’ve got our radio presets changed to 102.5, and are looking forward to John’s new morning show. This will be a win-win move for both John and his fans.

5. Sophie says:

John Carney AND Vic Porcelli…?!?!

That place is going to ROCK for certain. Talk about two men with an infinite amount of musical knowledge.

I look forward to hearing the splendor.

6. Dick "Lefty" O'Neal says:

I’m glad to hear that John is joining your team. He interviewed this past summer while at KMOX. Maybe we can hook up again.
    Go for it John.
    Lefty O’Neal
    Dreaming of the Majors; Living in the Bush

7. Dick "Lefty" O'Neal says:

Congrats on the move John. Give me a call at (210)241-4349.
    Lefty O’Neal
    “Dreaming of the Majors; Living in the Bush”

8. linda says:

You are the main reason I listened to KMOX. I can identify with your raccoon story. (Try having one get into your house) Anyway, I miss the interviews. HOw will I know what new restaurant or music? You should be allowed to talk more!!!

9. Debbie Morris says:

Vic Porcellii is back!!! He is an amazing DJ…been listening to him for many years and SO HAPPY to have him back in St. Louis now! HE is the reason I now listen to your station. I know several other “followers” that he has and have told them all he is back, so they will be listening now too everyday to hear his wonderful radio voice. He is very gifted in many ways and I hope we will be seeing him out doing “on location” radio shows as he did for all those years when he was on “The River”. We attended many of those…he knows how to draw a crowd! Thanks for hiring Vic and making it possible for all of us fans of his to hear him again. Keep up the good work! : )

1. Adam from Iraq from Maryland Heights says:

Hey- Vic has his own profile page, this is Johns hahah! Anyway-I’ve been away for awhile and returning home, I nearly stroked out when your show was missing on the “MOX”. Let me offer you my heartfelt congratulations and relief on your new job…don’t think I could take both you AND Albert moving out of town!🙂

10. Central Park Longboarder says:

The first voice I ever heard on the radio was your dad’s.
    I can’t wait to be in a car, driving down Wydown Blvd. Listening to you John!

Don’t be a stranger when you are in New York.

Enrique Cubillo

11. shirley says:

John i miss you on late night . Will try to catch you early mornings.

12. Bob D says:

Your new sounds great, but des not seem to be as good as your show on KMOX. (Ex. your off the cuff interviews and some of the crazier callers) Good luck with the new one, but if it fails please come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!